As of August 2017 I will supervise a new Masters degree in electroacoustic composition at the Norwegian State Academy for Music in Oslo, and be able to accept two or three new students.
The Master of Music in Composition programme trains highly skilled composers. Through the development and completion of an individual creative master project and a written thesis, students advance their skills and autonomy as composers. After two years of coursework, students will be expected to be able to perform as composers at a high professional level.
*** The deadline for applications is December 15th 2016 and qualified international students can apply.***
Here follow some useful links with information in English for potential candidates:
- Students are required to have a Bachelor of Music degree or equivalent, with a focus on composition.
- The study programme consists of individual instruction/supervision, lectures, masterclasses, workshops, and seminars. During the program the student will complete a main artistic project and sub-projects. In the application to the program, the candidate outlines a project and focus for their study. This project is refined during the first semester.
- Norwegian language skills are not necessary.
- Electroacoustic composers will have myself as their supervisor and be able to focus on various areas within electroacoustic music, including spatial audio.
Here is the information for international applications:
A few points to note:
- There are no tuition fees.
- The estimated living cost we normally communicate to students is 10 000 kroners per month. International students from a country outside EU or EØS must have proof-of-funds.
Some more useful information for international students:
Some links are currently only in Norwegian. Interested applicants may email me directly and I can provide more detail.
Many thanks for spreading the word!